The Foot

The adventures of a migrant science teacher: "Life is not about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself."

Wednesday, October 10, 2001

DESPERATION
***
Blessed are they which do hunge and
thirst after righteousness: for they shall
be filled.
Matthew5:6

David Robinson, after he had spent the day fasting and
praying, said,"I told my father that if I cannot walk in the
power of the Spirit, and see the results He promised in
His word, then I don't want to hang around. He can just take
me home." Does that sound extreme? Paul cried,"I could wish
that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my
kinsmen according to the flesh"(Romans 9:3). Jacob cried,"I will
not let thee go,except thou bless me"(Genesis 32:26). Listen
to the results: Paul changed history and Jacob became known
as "Isreal," a prince with God. Something happens when we get
desperate. God hates apathy and indifference. Listen:"So then
because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor or hot, I will spue
thee out of my mouth"(Revelation 3:16).
God responds to passion. He told Jeremiah,"Ye shall
seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your
heart"(Jeremiah 29:13). Maybe this sounds fanatical to some,
but God can do more with a fool on fire, than He can with a
scholar on ice. John Knox, the great Scottish reformer, prayed,
God give me Scotland, or I die." That cry was heard, and the
fires of revival swept through the land.
***
God has not changed. He still responds to those who
seek for him with all their hearts
Chicklette 1:18 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment


Listed on BlogShares