Wednesday, November 28, 2001
Its been a while since I've sat down and spilled, I know, but I'm not going to apologize 'cause that only means that my life is not centering around this comp quite as much as it was before.
My best girl friend is gonna name her dog after me. Now to the ordinary bystander it may look like a diss - but I assure you - its not. She's gonna name it Qoyania Aleya. Qoyania is the female version of the Hebrew word that describes the friendship between David and Jonathan. I was touched beyond words that she would even think to do that. My fall has existed in such stark contrast to my spring. I wrote some pretty descriptive things then that I've pulled out and read again just lately. They bring up allot of old feelings and memories. If its possible for a world to fall apart completely - mine came very close. Mom says that what is not hard for one person may be hard for someone else because we are in a constant state of growth - that whatever we are going through is the hardest we've had to conquer. I don't mean to disagree with her but I think that loosing 5 friends, a spiritual father, all living friends and sence of self would be hard on just about anyone.
But through what kind of miracle I have ended up with all the good friends back and an increase of (1) awesome chick. The friendships that I though were lost for good have been welded back together stronger than ever. I've never been on the receiving end of this kind of love. Its pretty neat actually. Its the kind that eliminates the need to get up in the morning and put on makeup first thing, or want to do anything but sit and talk. I've been reading up a little on the kind of friendship David and Jonathan had. Its amazing. Nothing ooey gooey - but definitely more than just a "man" bond. 1 Sam. 18:1 "... the soul of Jonathan was knit to the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul." Knit - not super glued or stapled... knit... I like that. Vs. 4 And Jonathan took off the robe that was on him and gave it to David, with his armor, even to his sword and his bow and his belt. This kind of action was like saying, "Here - here are my earthly possessions, my wealth, my pride, and my heart. I trust you with them."
I like this too: Jonathan risks his life to protect his friend and when they have to separate ways he says this: 1 Sam 21:42 "Then Jonathan said to David, "Go in peace, since we have both sworn in the name of the LORD, saying, 'May the LORD be between you and me, and between your descendants and my descendants, forever.'" Wow - cool eh?
I want to be a friend like that. John 15:13 "Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends."
Sorry for rambling - All this stuff has just been making a huge impact on me lately.
My best girl friend is gonna name her dog after me. Now to the ordinary bystander it may look like a diss - but I assure you - its not. She's gonna name it Qoyania Aleya. Qoyania is the female version of the Hebrew word that describes the friendship between David and Jonathan. I was touched beyond words that she would even think to do that. My fall has existed in such stark contrast to my spring. I wrote some pretty descriptive things then that I've pulled out and read again just lately. They bring up allot of old feelings and memories. If its possible for a world to fall apart completely - mine came very close. Mom says that what is not hard for one person may be hard for someone else because we are in a constant state of growth - that whatever we are going through is the hardest we've had to conquer. I don't mean to disagree with her but I think that loosing 5 friends, a spiritual father, all living friends and sence of self would be hard on just about anyone.
But through what kind of miracle I have ended up with all the good friends back and an increase of (1) awesome chick. The friendships that I though were lost for good have been welded back together stronger than ever. I've never been on the receiving end of this kind of love. Its pretty neat actually. Its the kind that eliminates the need to get up in the morning and put on makeup first thing, or want to do anything but sit and talk. I've been reading up a little on the kind of friendship David and Jonathan had. Its amazing. Nothing ooey gooey - but definitely more than just a "man" bond. 1 Sam. 18:1 "... the soul of Jonathan was knit to the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul." Knit - not super glued or stapled... knit... I like that. Vs. 4 And Jonathan took off the robe that was on him and gave it to David, with his armor, even to his sword and his bow and his belt. This kind of action was like saying, "Here - here are my earthly possessions, my wealth, my pride, and my heart. I trust you with them."
I like this too: Jonathan risks his life to protect his friend and when they have to separate ways he says this: 1 Sam 21:42 "Then Jonathan said to David, "Go in peace, since we have both sworn in the name of the LORD, saying, 'May the LORD be between you and me, and between your descendants and my descendants, forever.'" Wow - cool eh?
I want to be a friend like that. John 15:13 "Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends."
Sorry for rambling - All this stuff has just been making a huge impact on me lately.
Chicklette 5:17 PM
