The Foot

The adventures of a migrant science teacher: "Life is not about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself."

Monday, December 10, 2001

Allllllright - My WEEKEND

I started off on Thursday night by not sleeping AT ALL. Dumb hu? But I was kind of caught up in what I was doing. It was worth it, even though I am sick now because of that and everything else that transpired.

Friday I spent trying to sleep and being really unsuccessful at that and everything else I tried to do.

Friday night my chicka (Ali) came and spent the night. I have no clue why I made her come over. I guess I just needed company on my own level. Haha, we barely talked. I was so tired I fell asleep before 1am and left her alone.

Saturday we rushed down to the church and decorated the 30 Ft (ok maybe not that tall but to me it seemed like it) Fake Christmas tree. I dunno what it is but fake trees just ruin something for me. It might have to do with the fact that they smell like plastic and dust and they get used over and over an over again. We decorated it in that gold stringy stuff. I don't know what to call it 'cause its not rope tinsel, its just loose shiny stuff. We put red balls and lights all around and this broken star on the top. Its a pretty star really and it wasn't broken till I dropped it off the top of the ladder. I taped it back together and so far its holding out.

Saturday night we raided the video store and got "Miss Congeniality" and "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon." We brought them to the house we were asked to babysit for the night and made dinner. Miss Dianne (Charlie's mom) asked Ali and I to sleep over and take care of her dog and ferret while she went to NJ to visit her family. She said we could do whatever we wanted as long as our folks approved (Evil laugh) So we invited another awesome chick (Katalyn) over to share the freedom, got 3 pint containers of icecream, watched the movies and did other girl stuff. I've never seen either of those movies. "Crouching Democrat, Hidden agenda" was stupid. The plot was bad, the dubbing made it worse and the acting was terrible BUT the fighting scenes saved it. Those were so awesome. We laughed and yelled through the whole thing. "Miss Congeniality" was good too, amazingly clean and really funny. Weird thing is that I saw is advertised in Romania this summer as" Miss Agent Undercover." ::Sniffle:: I watched it because I share her vision for world peace :: SOBBING:: Katalyn was Miss Teen NJ. Cool eh? She tripped too and everything. Real life is a blast.. oh boy... We stayed up till 4:30 and fell asleep on the couch.

Sunday morning I was a dead, obviously ill zombie. I really got into worship at church but missed the sermon 'cause I had to go downstairs and teach the little kids a dance I choreographed for their Christmas play. Cute little things. I'm amazed that they caught on so well.

Sunday afternoon the youthgroup went for pizza at Mendecino's and had an awesome devo on "Fellowship" and building healthy relationships. Considering all that we discussed I think I'm doing alright in that department. The 2 Lanphi and I spent more of the afternoon at their house in preparation for a 207 staff meeting at the army depot. That went well. After over a year of being nothing I now have a job! I am Deputy Commander/XO/Training officer. Lots to do but I'm training replacements to take over for me once I leave...:( I'm gonna miss them.

Sunday night brought a little scare about one of my friends being in a car wreck. He's ok but the car is totaled. As you can imagine I was kinda upset. That area is still a little raw. I talked to Guido for about an hour on the phone.He and his crew are coming to visit this weekend. We are going to go see "Behind Enemy Lines" and do other pointless things together. It was a good conversation. I can definitely see us still talking for hours on end 10 years from now. Its

Monday which means that school is going again, I have a HUGE lit class to attend and I have 4 days to recover before company comes.

Take a look at the new topic for the forum :)
Chicklette 1:48 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment


Listed on BlogShares