Tuesday, January 01, 2002
Happy Post:
Woah. Its a new year. I graduate this year :) At our church's new years eve service we talked about all the things we were grateful for this year and that (graduating) was the first one I came up with.
Not too happy Post:
I usually try not to write things when I'm feeling this way, which is why this has been neglected for so long. I don't know what it is, maybe winter setting in, or school preassure. Maybe just dissapointments in general. I didn't really do anything new years eve. Oh - I learned how to play "Pit." If you don't know what that game is go to Toys R Us and buy it and play it. Its all about the stock market and how loud you can yell and how fast you can grab at somthing. Lots-o-very dangerous-fun. I was supposed to do somthing that night but it didn't work out. It weas no one's fault - just somthing that couldn't be controlled. I was supposed to go somewhere right after christmas but that didn't work either. How do you deal with disssapointments? Get over it. That should be my life slogan. "Aleya says 'GET OVER IT.'" Its more like give it to God and move on. Not easy - your hopes are pinned on it. But thats not the way it should be. If your hopes are pinned on somthing to the point that your world is rocked when its taken away then your focus was too much on that instead of on God where they sould be. Psalms 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!" So chill, pray about, tell God it sucks and leave it in His lap.
Woah. Its a new year. I graduate this year :) At our church's new years eve service we talked about all the things we were grateful for this year and that (graduating) was the first one I came up with.
Not too happy Post:
I usually try not to write things when I'm feeling this way, which is why this has been neglected for so long. I don't know what it is, maybe winter setting in, or school preassure. Maybe just dissapointments in general. I didn't really do anything new years eve. Oh - I learned how to play "Pit." If you don't know what that game is go to Toys R Us and buy it and play it. Its all about the stock market and how loud you can yell and how fast you can grab at somthing. Lots-o-very dangerous-fun. I was supposed to do somthing that night but it didn't work out. It weas no one's fault - just somthing that couldn't be controlled. I was supposed to go somewhere right after christmas but that didn't work either. How do you deal with disssapointments? Get over it. That should be my life slogan. "Aleya says 'GET OVER IT.'" Its more like give it to God and move on. Not easy - your hopes are pinned on it. But thats not the way it should be. If your hopes are pinned on somthing to the point that your world is rocked when its taken away then your focus was too much on that instead of on God where they sould be. Psalms 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!" So chill, pray about, tell God it sucks and leave it in His lap.
Chicklette 7:10 PM
