The Foot

The adventures of a migrant science teacher: "Life is not about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself."

Tuesday, January 08, 2002

I had my first trip of the year to the hospital last night. Haha, its only January 8th and I've started already. Last time this year I was making repeated trips to the doctor about my stomach. I was very prone - I still am but significantly less - to getting really sick (sick like "I'm gonna hurl!!! MOVE!!!") to my stomach. I still think it had/s somthing to do with acid reflux or what not. The doctors didn't do anything but bill us. Back to the present trip. I was shoveling snow earlier yesterday and my back felt a little weird. As I was getting into bed it still felt weird. I figured if I streched out and held still it would go away but the longer I lie there the sharper it got till I couldn't breathe. (Ok that may sound a little scary but don't be - it was just the spazams and the pain acting on the rest of the muscles in my chest and back) So I got up - went downstaris and told my folks that this was not normal and I didn't know what to do about it. After 30 more min of no change they decided to take me to the hospital. So there I was at 1:30 sitting in the emergency room waiting area watching this special about some newly dead guy who built houses out of tires and straw and auto windows. NOT the way I had planned my night going. The doctor said it was only a back spazam and that I sould take pain killers and go to bed with some heated thing under me. So I did. It feels better now just not completely. I was able to sleep at least. Man - if this is any indication as to how the year is gonna go I think I'm going to move...
Chicklette 11:37 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment


Listed on BlogShares