Sunday, January 13, 2002
OH MAN! This weekend was BIZZAR!
I just walked in the door, I'm in BDU's and I have my scarf on. Ali and Tullo and I got there about 7pm Friday night and met Capt Neid (Pennsylvania's Cadet programs director) ((The person incharge of what we do)) and her "protector" Ben Frantz. Frantz is the one who plays football and is really built. He's got a flat top haircut so he looks like a marine kinda. We've all decided once again that his ego will break his neck some day but he has improved ALOT. I trust him now. Any way they were the only two there for the night. Before we got there Frantz was checking the buildings out and he found a guy sleeping on the top floor of one of the barraks. He was in unmarked BDU's and as soon as Frantz asked him what he was doing there he said "Oh nothing - I'm just leaving" and threw his clothes into a plastic trash bag and left. He forgot his alarm clock/raido thinger. Frantz was bummed 'cause he didn't ask his name :) Capt Neid called the MP's who MUST have been bored 'cause 30 seconds (litterally) later 9 of them showed up and searched the building and the other barraks and drove around and left to go get raido's for us to use for the weekend. They did a "search" for the guy which included driving on the road with a flash light hanging out of the window. No one searched the woods or any other buildings or anything. While they were gone we unloaded our stuff in the girl's barraks and went back to look at the alarm clock and it was gone. HAHAHAHA the guy snuck back in and got it :D Those MP's were a complete joke. Frantz got all manly about how he was going to stay up all night and go look for the creep. I dunno if creep is the right word. Fort Indiantown Gap (FIG - where we were) is so HUGE that homless people go and use the empty buildings for months without being caught and when they are they just move. They have kitchens, electricity and heat and plumbing in these 50 year old troop temporary shelters. So he could have been a guy down on his luck or a mass murderer - you never know. Any way Ski and Colgan (Ali and I talk about these guys) showed up before we went to bed so we got to tell them all about this story. We went to Wing HQ and talked to Cheif (did I spell that right??) Gale for a while. The man is SOOOOO weird or increadable or gifted or individual or somthing like that. He's getting Frantz into an anti terrorism course. I want to do it when I turn 18. They teach you bomb physics and other VERY extreem interesting things. He was on a Navy ship in the 70's and this guy from his unit went ashore and stole the Marine buldog puppy out of their base HQ. The marines found him later that night sitting on the dock drinking beer with the dog. They returned him to the ship COMPLETELY shaved and mecuricromed (Spelled right?) head to toe. (oh man) Appearantly he's still intouch with the guy who did it and he was going to see him last week somtime. The day he was supposed to come over to CAP wing HQ and see Cheif Gale these two old marines came and knocked at the door and said they were lost. They got to talking and it turns out that they were the ones who shaved this guy for stealing their dog! Then he shows up! Oh boy - only in the life of this man... After we were done hearing all these stories and making signs for the weekend and searching HQ for Cheif's cot we went to the quick mart and got drinks and chips and other healthy stuff. Then we went back to the barraks and went to bed. Ali and I slept out in the middle of the barraks in two bunk beds pushed together so we could talk with out waking Capt Neid up. She slept in a caurdy room at the end of the bay (building/walkway) Ali got SO freaked out about the guy we found in the other building she kept me awake and got me freaked out too. I put in my headphones and put on Pax 2:17 and tried to fall asleep ( not to good a choice of music I know but I was trying to drown Ali and my fears out) I KNEW there was no one in there but I was un-nerved none the less. Ali turned off my headset JUST as I was falling asleep to ask me if I thought there were mice. We kept hearing all these old structure noises and she decided we needed to check it out. So here I am - its 2am, I'm scared, with my shoes on so I can run over to the guy's barraks and my knife open in one hand. This is the way I walk upstairs behind Ali to check the noises out. There was nothing up there (duah) but we woke Capt Neid up by walking over her room. We come down stairs and she turns on the light and busts out laughing 'cause of my knife and the scared look on Ali's face. She told us to go back to bed so we did - infront of her door. I have a sore throat because of it :( (Your scarf is on :D-) We pulled a matress off a bunk bed and slept in the little alcove between the two caudry rooms and the front door. We slept soundly and woke up about 7:15. I THREW my uniform on and ran to go set up sign in because people were ariving already. I find out just before we left this afternoon that during the night this drunk vagrant came and was trying to get in to our barraks (Oh the irony) and Capt Neid was standing OVER us in the alcove talking to him. Here we were so scared and when somthing actually does happen we are OBLIVIOUS. Haha, oh well :) Sign in went well. I got to see alot of ENC people and such taht I only see at summer activities. that was good. The meetings were LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG. Pat Kinsella ( I like him but he wasn't on the ball ) came and had to act chairman ('cause he was) for the whole day. He had NO clue what he was doing so I ended up taking over. We got SOOO much done. I'm so proud too - ALL the people there were from Group 3 (My CAC) except for one from Gp1 and one from Gp2. I didn't mind taking over, it was my people anyway:) We decided on goals for the next year, picked project officers, elected new Wing Chair, Vice, recorder, Group Vice and recorder. I didn't have to do any batteling with Gp 2 over BCOP 'cause only one rep showed up. :). Dave Gold came for a while. Man I miss the kid. He was on crutches and out of uniform. He looked so pathetic. I got to sign his cast. This girl I haven't seen for 2 years came too. It was really awesome to relive the stuff we did together. I'm sick, I want to go take a long hot bath/shower and take lots of pills and go to bed. I think thats what I'm going to do. I got pics of BCOP! I'll scan them and put some online...
Woah..
I just walked in the door, I'm in BDU's and I have my scarf on. Ali and Tullo and I got there about 7pm Friday night and met Capt Neid (Pennsylvania's Cadet programs director) ((The person incharge of what we do)) and her "protector" Ben Frantz. Frantz is the one who plays football and is really built. He's got a flat top haircut so he looks like a marine kinda. We've all decided once again that his ego will break his neck some day but he has improved ALOT. I trust him now. Any way they were the only two there for the night. Before we got there Frantz was checking the buildings out and he found a guy sleeping on the top floor of one of the barraks. He was in unmarked BDU's and as soon as Frantz asked him what he was doing there he said "Oh nothing - I'm just leaving" and threw his clothes into a plastic trash bag and left. He forgot his alarm clock/raido thinger. Frantz was bummed 'cause he didn't ask his name :) Capt Neid called the MP's who MUST have been bored 'cause 30 seconds (litterally) later 9 of them showed up and searched the building and the other barraks and drove around and left to go get raido's for us to use for the weekend. They did a "search" for the guy which included driving on the road with a flash light hanging out of the window. No one searched the woods or any other buildings or anything. While they were gone we unloaded our stuff in the girl's barraks and went back to look at the alarm clock and it was gone. HAHAHAHA the guy snuck back in and got it :D Those MP's were a complete joke. Frantz got all manly about how he was going to stay up all night and go look for the creep. I dunno if creep is the right word. Fort Indiantown Gap (FIG - where we were) is so HUGE that homless people go and use the empty buildings for months without being caught and when they are they just move. They have kitchens, electricity and heat and plumbing in these 50 year old troop temporary shelters. So he could have been a guy down on his luck or a mass murderer - you never know. Any way Ski and Colgan (Ali and I talk about these guys) showed up before we went to bed so we got to tell them all about this story. We went to Wing HQ and talked to Cheif (did I spell that right??) Gale for a while. The man is SOOOOO weird or increadable or gifted or individual or somthing like that. He's getting Frantz into an anti terrorism course. I want to do it when I turn 18. They teach you bomb physics and other VERY extreem interesting things. He was on a Navy ship in the 70's and this guy from his unit went ashore and stole the Marine buldog puppy out of their base HQ. The marines found him later that night sitting on the dock drinking beer with the dog. They returned him to the ship COMPLETELY shaved and mecuricromed (Spelled right?) head to toe. (oh man) Appearantly he's still intouch with the guy who did it and he was going to see him last week somtime. The day he was supposed to come over to CAP wing HQ and see Cheif Gale these two old marines came and knocked at the door and said they were lost. They got to talking and it turns out that they were the ones who shaved this guy for stealing their dog! Then he shows up! Oh boy - only in the life of this man... After we were done hearing all these stories and making signs for the weekend and searching HQ for Cheif's cot we went to the quick mart and got drinks and chips and other healthy stuff. Then we went back to the barraks and went to bed. Ali and I slept out in the middle of the barraks in two bunk beds pushed together so we could talk with out waking Capt Neid up. She slept in a caurdy room at the end of the bay (building/walkway) Ali got SO freaked out about the guy we found in the other building she kept me awake and got me freaked out too. I put in my headphones and put on Pax 2:17 and tried to fall asleep ( not to good a choice of music I know but I was trying to drown Ali and my fears out) I KNEW there was no one in there but I was un-nerved none the less. Ali turned off my headset JUST as I was falling asleep to ask me if I thought there were mice. We kept hearing all these old structure noises and she decided we needed to check it out. So here I am - its 2am, I'm scared, with my shoes on so I can run over to the guy's barraks and my knife open in one hand. This is the way I walk upstairs behind Ali to check the noises out. There was nothing up there (duah) but we woke Capt Neid up by walking over her room. We come down stairs and she turns on the light and busts out laughing 'cause of my knife and the scared look on Ali's face. She told us to go back to bed so we did - infront of her door. I have a sore throat because of it :( (Your scarf is on :D-) We pulled a matress off a bunk bed and slept in the little alcove between the two caudry rooms and the front door. We slept soundly and woke up about 7:15. I THREW my uniform on and ran to go set up sign in because people were ariving already. I find out just before we left this afternoon that during the night this drunk vagrant came and was trying to get in to our barraks (Oh the irony) and Capt Neid was standing OVER us in the alcove talking to him. Here we were so scared and when somthing actually does happen we are OBLIVIOUS. Haha, oh well :) Sign in went well. I got to see alot of ENC people and such taht I only see at summer activities. that was good. The meetings were LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG. Pat Kinsella ( I like him but he wasn't on the ball ) came and had to act chairman ('cause he was) for the whole day. He had NO clue what he was doing so I ended up taking over. We got SOOO much done. I'm so proud too - ALL the people there were from Group 3 (My CAC) except for one from Gp1 and one from Gp2. I didn't mind taking over, it was my people anyway:) We decided on goals for the next year, picked project officers, elected new Wing Chair, Vice, recorder, Group Vice and recorder. I didn't have to do any batteling with Gp 2 over BCOP 'cause only one rep showed up. :). Dave Gold came for a while. Man I miss the kid. He was on crutches and out of uniform. He looked so pathetic. I got to sign his cast. This girl I haven't seen for 2 years came too. It was really awesome to relive the stuff we did together. I'm sick, I want to go take a long hot bath/shower and take lots of pills and go to bed. I think thats what I'm going to do. I got pics of BCOP! I'll scan them and put some online...
Woah..
Chicklette 5:05 PM
