The Foot

The adventures of a migrant science teacher: "Life is not about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself."

Monday, February 11, 2002

Yeah ok, This weekend was a trip and a half. Last time I wrote was thursday...
Friday I completely wasted the day bumming around the house. I went over to Mal's house later and bugged her for a while. She went to the hospital the night before because she was having trouble breathing. Her little sister came to spend the night at our house. She showed up at about midnight and we went to bed at 1 - man can that girl talk - I doubt she came up for air the entire hour. She left at 3am (Thank God) when her sister came back from the hospital. Neway, Mal is doing alot better. I brought her candy and we sat and played Uno for a while. Mom and Dad went out with 4 of the 6 Lanphi to see "The Count of Monte Cristo" at the steamtown mall. Ali and Brad saw Black Hawk Down... There is NO way I could ever watch that movie. Its was kinda like Saving Private Ryan - lots of blood and dying and stuff. I havn't been dealing with stuff like that too well lately.

Saturday I went to Spruce Lake (where I work now) for some orientation and to fill out more paperwork. That took about an hour and I spent 3 more sitting in a rocking chair outside waiting for someone to come pick me up. UGH! I cannot wait till I can take MYSELF places! Mom said she would pick me up at 3pm but I was done waaaay before that so I called to find someone else to take me home. Dad said he wouldn't because he didn't want mom to waste the gass going out there. We couldn't get ahold of mom to tell her not to come. I told Dad she was gonna come home first but he didn't believe me so there I sat. He finally came to get me and as we were driving down our street there comes mom ahead of us, pulling into the driveway. Needless to say that was a MISERABLE afternoon. She brought Ali to me though - we ended up going out to the mall and walking around. Ali and I tried on a bunch of formal dresses. I like the one Ali had that made her look like Cinderella. I put on this UGLY purple and pink one but I think it was the best on me. Weid hu? It looked almost too good. Ali and I also got material at Walmart and right now there are three (AnnaLea included) partially made pairs of Pj Pants lying on the floor next to a very sick sewing machine.

Sunday was the anual Valentine's Day Love Feast. Lots of people dressed in red eating very good home made food. After clean up the youth group went upstairs to practise songs for Gosple Fest - I'll put pics up after this weekend and maybe a sound clip or somthing. We aren't that bad.

Today I got up and did a WHOLE chapter of Physics then went to class and did pretty well on the test. I required minimal help and I got all 3 problems right. So now I'm done with class and have music tonight
Chicklette 1:50 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment


Listed on BlogShares