Wednesday, March 06, 2002
Woah this weekend was looooong. Read Ali's blog - She prolly did a better job of explaining it then I will. It all started Friday night. I work till 11pm now at Spruce Lake as a receptionest. I keep Titus un-buisy so he can focus on all his other work. I could have sworn he was 19/20ish when I first met him but he's really 24. :: darn :: Friday night the retreat doesn't serve dinner so we ordered out and sat with Natalie and her husband and did quizzes in the national geographic magazine. I have a normal sized brain for a 20yr old. ((UGH Now MOM is mad at me for blogging. I have no time to live any more. I'm always doing somthing completely un-agreeable and I'm having less and less time to vent.)) Saturday at 7am I took off for the colorguard weekend/school. about7ish cadets in all went. We ALL interviewed for ENC staff. That went REALLLLY well thank God. Igot one stupid trivia question wrong. My "rival" for 30 Commander came and left without saying hi or anything. I'm hurt. Well not really. She CAN"T get this position. I hope maybe someone on the placement board knows about how hard I've work ed for CAP over the last year especially. We spent the ride down thinking of things to say during the interview that would sound intelegent somehow. Some of us did better than others ;). The school its self went really well. I'm so proud of its organizer (HI JULIA!) and all the CAC cadets that have been faithfully supporting all the stuff that's been happeneing (HI SKI AND COLGAN). Saturday night the youth group met at my house to do some unloading. One of the gals had been caught in the middle of a huge mis-understanding and she needed to streighten things up. I'm glad she is ok now. But as for the rest of the night... ugh. My faithful readers are the first to hear my official opinion on how I think things went. It SUCKED MAJORLY. After the origional problem was resolved we continued to attempt to "solve" some of the other underlying issues other people had that was creating all the tention in the group. I can tell you that 99% of all complaints lodged (Including by the gal who called ua all together) were directly loged agenst me. I feel like I'm walking on glass. I have always before but I thought I was doing well. Now its all broken and I have bloody feet. Its the same but now it hurts alot. Everyone felt resolved after getting to tell everyone else how I've ruined their life (I'm exagerating here but I'm upset) and when it came to be my turn I couldn't say anything because someone got so defencive. I feel like my eyes do after messing with my contacts: picked over and raw. Once again I'm getting the distinct feeling that I'm all alone. Dad said its leadership training. Well I don't want it. Give it to someone who enjoys solitude and pain.... How am I supposed to do this without getting bitter? Monday was long. Play practice went well. I have a few more speaking parts. Tuesday I missed CAP (Testing night but that's ok I wasn't ready) so I could go to Harrisburg with Ali and be supportive and a friend while she was being interviewed. I ended up taking multiple elevator rides with brad and varried little kids while we waited HOURS for them to be done. LOL I lost Anna Lea on the 13th floor. She was more than a little mad :). OnOn the way home the van broke down. We waited at Funk's (By FIG - Popular stop before ENC. Its like your last dose of humanity) till 2am when my dad came and picked up all 14 of us. I got home at 4. So that's where I am now. at home and tired from this 5 day weekend.....
Chicklette 10:37 PM
