The Foot

The adventures of a migrant science teacher: "Life is not about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself."

Wednesday, May 15, 2002

So I'm listening to my (burned) coppy of Rebecca St James' latest CD and song 10 comes up. Its her version of "It is well with my soul." You people who have gone to old fashoned churches have prolly heard that hymn. Its slow and dull and the most beautiful thing I've ever heard. THAT is my favorite song by far. It was written by a man who had taken his family to immigrate to America. During the ship ride a storm came and his whole family died. He had lost every posession and everyone he loved, and was stranded in a new world and he sat down and wrote the words, "it is well with my soul..." What an increadible attitude. Most would have reverted to suicide by then. Sure he was crushed but he was leaning on God. No man could bear that alone and come out on top like he did. Its all in the perspective - nomatter what I'm going through, God LOVES me and it IS well with my soul.


One more thing that just sets me in awe. Those of you who have known me for a while have heard me occationally say: "I know God said he wouldn't give me more than I can handle - I just wish He didn't tust me so much." I found it a little while ago as a quote from Mother Theresa. How cool is that? Honestly I cried when I read that. God knows, no one is completely alone. She did so much with her life and had the same problems I do. I DEFFINATELY can make it.
Chicklette 6:21 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment


Listed on BlogShares