The Foot

The adventures of a migrant science teacher: "Life is not about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself."

Monday, September 16, 2002

I made the anual trip up to Lima this weekend. This one was diferent though. I had Ali in the car with me instead of my mother. Now if you truly knew what that ment you'd be calling the NY times instead of reading this - you've found the miricle of the year. Ali isn't allowed to drive with me - Family policy. That's ok, I understand and I've delt with it. But I wanted to drive up to Elim so my dad talked to her dad and got him to say yes! I went to work the day we left and found a paycheck in my box that I hadn't picked up before - yet again, God's smart way of making things work out for me. An out of this world agreement and just the right ammount of cash to let me stand over a breath taking gorge and laugh at how good God is. Ali and I got in the car and blazed down the street, her feet out the window and our hair flying in our mouths - lol not really. We were trying to be all professional as we were getting in the car and pulling out of the drive way but just as we left sight of the house Ali let out a "Whooo hooo! Lets rock Aleya!!" My mother heard that. Isn't that just like moms? It was at least a quarter of a mile away but she KNEW and she SAID something when I got home. Any way, we survived the drive up. We got lost actually. Took a "senic" rout around 390. We missed another exit on the way back too. But we were prepared: we bought 2 boxes of "little Debbie Stars." I just ate the last one this afternoon. mmmm mmmm good.

The theme of the weekend up at ELIM was prayer. How appropriate. Great way to start off the year and great way to jerk Aleya back on track. Not like I was that far off, but I learned so much and got a whole new perspective on stuff. I wish I could explain it all but I can't. Its kinda like an osmosis learning experience. I soaked it up like a sponge and now I need to process it.

God is so good this way too: I found someone LIKE me. (Besides Louisa - and she comes oh so close.) I've been surrounded with Ali-ish people for so long its kinda refreshing to find a person with stuff in common.


This is what we saw...



This is where we saw it from...

Chicklette 9:24 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment


Listed on BlogShares