The Foot

The adventures of a migrant science teacher: "Life is not about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself."

Monday, November 11, 2002

ok, Its been a while, I admit, but unless you are engaged in all the daily activities that I am you probably wouldn't understand....sooooooooooo I'm gonna try to tell you. Ever get a brain fart? Like - a complete block. Nothing creative, nothing profound, nothing unique, where you are reduced to a zombe that will follow just about any order given? Yeah, that was me for a while. I'm convinced it was due to lack of sleep. While I was doing my observations at Western Wayne and Canaan I was getting an abnormally small ammount of sleep. I'd get up in the morning and set my brain in neutral in preparation for another agonizingly horrible day. (Speaking of, I need to remember to write thank you letters to these schools.) Someone gave me a top secret anxiety test and I scored off the charts. that's because almost every day that week I was subject to the "new girl" syndrome. I experienced it the first week of college but in no way to the extent that highschool inflicts it on you. I'd go to WW and not fit in with the faculty or the students so I'd be relegated to my own little box of thought. It really inhibbits brain waves and actual learning, which is what I was supposed to be doing. I did get out of the experience the required level of maturity though - I will never again criticize a teacher. Its too much work, I will commend them and then, if need be, tell them they are bad.


I got a new car. (Subject change) Its a bit late but I thought you'd like to know. Someone in our church saw my car and felt bad for me and decided to give me theirs. Its a 1993 Ford Escort - Penn State blue :: sigh:: with a working trunk, annoying alarm system, working AC, and a fixed (AHHHHH!!!!!) Steering column. This sort of puts a kink in my ability to drive with my knees cause now my knees can't reach the steering wheel. Oh well, maybe its for the better. I'm sure that habit wasn't all that healthy. It doesn't have quite the kick that my last car had either. Its still really nice - I completely appreciate it and the people who donated it to my cause. I gave the ugly beast to the Lanphears and as far as I know Dan is driving it to school. Someone came up to me last week and asked me if I drove both cars to school that day. lol took me a second to figure out what he ment. Anyway, James and I just washed it (Its 10:30pm) He got a kick out of being draged downstairs in his PJ's and handed a wash cloth. Yeah, This is my car only dark blue and without all the other stuff this guy is talking about....

Chicklette 11:01 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment


Listed on BlogShares