The Foot

The adventures of a migrant science teacher: "Life is not about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself."

Monday, December 23, 2002

Woooooooooah baby, its over!!! I can't possibly begin to describe to you the pure joy and elation I experience when I wake up in the morning and realize that I don't have to travle to a clump of small buildings 30 min away and force myself to learn :) The only thing I can compare it to is Ben & Jerry's Half Baked Icecream. ::sigh:: Speaking of, I want some right now only the fridge is being cleaned out and I know that if I venture over I'll get sucked into emptying out jars of green tinted food that I don't remember cooking. Its bad when you mistake ThanksGiving's carrot sauce for maccaroni and cheese. eesh. Anyway, next semester starts the 13th of January and I'm going to need to do some major praying to get back ito the mood. I got a job at the YMCA in Dunmore :) Its just over the bridge from Penn State and the hours are perfect. God's timing, ya think? I applied at the beginning of last semester but they weren't hiring. Maybe God knew that I would have killed myself doing too much or I would have drown or something.

Ugh, I'm sick too. Yesterday I went to work after church and spent most of my time trying to navigate aroud the office without falling 'cause I was so dizzy. I feel a bit better now, although my head hurts and I still have a fever. There is a "coptic" church at SLR this week. They don't eat eggs, meat, dairy - nothing. It's all fish and oil. I heard the meal the kitchen tried to prepare was a total failure. Common! Mennonites like their corned beef and sauce!! Its hard all the sudden to come up with a good - odd - meal like that. Oh well, they are staying till tomorrow so they'll have plenty of chances to set things streight. Alright, time to end, if I don't eat I will pass out.
Chicklette 2:13 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment


Listed on BlogShares