The Foot

The adventures of a migrant science teacher: "Life is not about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself."

Saturday, January 25, 2003

I have nothing deep to say. I just want to sit here and glare at my insides. I dunno why, maybe its the culmination of one long week. I started working and almost all at once lost my identity. I've been hit on by men aged 30 to 78 this week. Nothing like that to help your self esteem :: shudders:: I've also come to appreciate the value of team comrodery. It just doesn't seem to exist there (where I work) everything is someone elses fault, I have yet to get out on time and the level of professionalism demostrated there would have thrown my education professor into a seizure. Tell me, if you are given the grave responsibility of guarding someone's very life shouldn't you be able to mannage the simple thing of getting to work on time and speaking respectfully about other people when they aren't there? I dunno, maybe things have changed since I went through my training. So I'm still sitting here dressed for work - a bathing suite in 9 degree weather. How much do I suck :) Channel 16 news came and interviewed us life guards to see what it is like to work in a warm climate during this obnoxious clod snap. Did you know that as I was walking to my car today, my semi-damp hair was also freezing?? I saw a political cartoon in the news paper showing a guy sitting in a chair by a window reading a paper with the headline "Fridgid." Outside the window 3 snow men were gathered around a barrel fire. That about says it. Its soooooo cold. I wonder where you could find out the temp records for "Today" in past years. I think we've shattered them (no pun intendid).
Chicklette 10:51 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment


Listed on BlogShares