The Foot

The adventures of a migrant science teacher: "Life is not about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself."

Thursday, March 06, 2003

Ugh, Its snowing. And snowing.....and snowing.....

There are threats of the campus closing but I don't believe them. Any more and we'll have to have class on saturday. Either that or spring break will be canceled. AHH!! NO! They can't do that!. Its not like I'm doing anything exciting or anything - I'm not, trust me. I have to have break to go to public schools and observe for my undergrad project. You know what? Last night I was invited to NY for a few days over break. You know what else? I REALLY want to go. I have been told over and over that I do waay too much school and not enough fun things. I guess this proves it hu? Oh well, trips like NY will come and go but a chance like this to stretch my brain won't. I wish I had more chances to do stuff like that though...

Something else not quite as depressing - God has really been weaving all my interests etc... into my courses. Its amazing how everyting fits together. The general education courses I thought would be useless are proving to be fascinating. For example: I'm in Biology 110 - Intro plus a lab. ::Whoo hoo :: can you see the excited expression on my face?:: SO First thing we talk about is Kenetic energy and entropy. :-D I thought I was in a physics class. Next, we all have to do a project on one genus - I have Ostyichthies - fish. Did you know there are such things as "Electric Fish"?? I didn't - they generate an electric field to communicate, detect, and in essence "see" in muddy murkey water. Again - I'm growing vert attached to this subject. Hopefully I can rig something up in the class to demonstrate the presence of the field to the rest of the students. Can you see the headlines now?? PSU STUDENT ELECTRICUTES BEGINNER BIO CLASS WITH FISH BOUGHT AT LOCAL PET-CO. Hahahaha how great??

Another class - Speech com. Its supposed to be public speaking but its turning out to be "How to stand up infront of a class and teach, and write a lesson plan."

Any way - I got to run to class - pray I make it!

Chicklette 10:19 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment


Listed on BlogShares