Monday, September 08, 2003
Ok folks! I'm back for the semester!!!!!
I am officially (and finally) a sophmore. I feel so empowered. Now I can make snide little comments like "Fresh-meat" and "Oh, its only a freshman" and have them count! Ahhh the power that fills my veins! ::dances:: Oh but I feel like I'm buring out already. I took summer classes on campus so technically I oly got 4 weeks of summer. Add a really crappy job ( where the manager came in hung over all the time ) and you've got one very unsatisfying summer. It did have oe redeeming quality, however - I now officially have a "significant other." I don't wanna use "boy friend" 'cause that doesn't seem to cut it. We are Courting, which means taking a mature look at the possibility of speding the rest of our lives together. Regardless of if we do or not it will be a success because we each did things with the other's best in mind. ANYWAY - on to the girly good stuff: His name is Tim and he's 5'11", Dark hair, Brown/green eyes depending on mood, and oh so very attractive (Hi Tim :) He was in the Marines for four years and did engineering work in places like Japan and Virginia. He's going to start a buisness and take over the world and when he does I'll be right there to missionarize it. :) Hey! you never know... We had a great summer. I'm sure I've learned just as much about myself as I have about him. Some how God always turns things around and uses them to show you how you can fix your self, no matter how much it hurts. Its different having someone else (besides your parents) to be accountable to. I didn't realize how selfish I am in some areas. I've also learned to distinguish between real worry and stupid paranoia :) thank God, and that when I speak my mind I don't have to be rude about it. Mom calls this kind of learning sand paper ministry. That means you rub with someone till all your rough edges are smooth. Sure it hurts but I'd rather it be done now than when I'm old and crusty. I need sleep (Tim is running the year's first SGA meeting tomorrow, pray?) ::dances off::
I am officially (and finally) a sophmore. I feel so empowered. Now I can make snide little comments like "Fresh-meat" and "Oh, its only a freshman" and have them count! Ahhh the power that fills my veins! ::dances:: Oh but I feel like I'm buring out already. I took summer classes on campus so technically I oly got 4 weeks of summer. Add a really crappy job ( where the manager came in hung over all the time ) and you've got one very unsatisfying summer. It did have oe redeeming quality, however - I now officially have a "significant other." I don't wanna use "boy friend" 'cause that doesn't seem to cut it. We are Courting, which means taking a mature look at the possibility of speding the rest of our lives together. Regardless of if we do or not it will be a success because we each did things with the other's best in mind. ANYWAY - on to the girly good stuff: His name is Tim and he's 5'11", Dark hair, Brown/green eyes depending on mood, and oh so very attractive (Hi Tim :) He was in the Marines for four years and did engineering work in places like Japan and Virginia. He's going to start a buisness and take over the world and when he does I'll be right there to missionarize it. :) Hey! you never know... We had a great summer. I'm sure I've learned just as much about myself as I have about him. Some how God always turns things around and uses them to show you how you can fix your self, no matter how much it hurts. Its different having someone else (besides your parents) to be accountable to. I didn't realize how selfish I am in some areas. I've also learned to distinguish between real worry and stupid paranoia :) thank God, and that when I speak my mind I don't have to be rude about it. Mom calls this kind of learning sand paper ministry. That means you rub with someone till all your rough edges are smooth. Sure it hurts but I'd rather it be done now than when I'm old and crusty. I need sleep (Tim is running the year's first SGA meeting tomorrow, pray?) ::dances off::
Chicklette 12:19 AM
