The Foot

The adventures of a migrant science teacher: "Life is not about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself."

Thursday, November 27, 2003

Today was Thanksgiving.
16 people attended the annual chaos that ensues at my place of residence.
We actually FORGOT to eat food that we left out on the porch / impromptu cooler.

Overall I think it was a good day. My sweetheart spent the day with me, which meant the world. Its kind of exciting - spending our first official national holiday together. We told stories around the table and fell asleep to a movie in the living room. That didn't last long though. See, we have Guinea Pigs, and one of them felt left out and justified himself missing the meal by snacking on the ear of a friend of mine.

I've seen guinea pigs fly.

The poor thing went end over end and (thank God) landed safely on the recliner across the room. I think it looked shocked. I don't think it will ever mistake an ear for a vegetable again.

We had to list one thing tonight that we were grateful for. I had a really tough time. Well, no. I knew immediately. I am thankful for my "Guy," all of his amazing qualities, and the strange events that led to "us." You might remember, two years ago about this time I was complaining that I might have to spend two more years at home while attending a local college. My life would be over. Instead it began, and I am grateful for God making me stay. You never know - what's happening to you now may be the beginning of something amazing, no matter how dismal it seems. Thank God for the thorns, 'cause I love my roses.


Chicklette 10:34 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment


Listed on BlogShares