Tuesday, January 27, 2004
Usually I post a list of my resolutions for the year. As you can see its almost February... This year I have chosen to keep them to myself, for several reasons. This month has been soOoOoo busy. My Grand parents came out from Idaho to help prep for the wedding so the house is unusually full. I love having them here but it presents a good amount of extra stress.
For being engaged only a month The Guy and I have accomplished amazing things. All the invitations are done and out :) I made them myself. They are BEAUTIFUL if I do say so. I have a dress, and a reception location, and a lovely GANT chart to keep track of my ToDo list.
aside from the plans... Things have been good and bad. I didn't realize how a wedding could bring out hidden aspects of people. Some rise to the occasion, others start hurtful rumors. One thing I'm learning is that my decision can't be based on what the temperature of the crowd is, otherwise I'd NEVER get married.
I had the BEST day Sunday. The Guy and I registered at Target for Chinese plates :) If you want to make me REALLY happy you'll buy these for us. See, when you go to register at a store, they give you a scanner at the customer service desk. You walk around the store with the scanner and zap what you want and it puts it into a computer. To my irate aggravation The Guy always takes the scanney thinger from me and then won't let me touch it. Unfortunately technology is associated with testosterone and manliness so I'm relegated to pointing to what I want while HE zaps it. I get my revenge, though, by choosing pretty, shiny, decorative, and generally feminine things. Its works out.
On Sunday, however, he actually let ME touch it! Oh I was in ecstasy! It was the most exciting moment of my life. I literally had chills. I had dreamed about it for so long and all at once I finally had the chance! My fingers trembled as I lifted it and aimed the laser at a bonsai tree. It beeped, and my heart skipped a beat. The Guy nearly died with laughter but I had my moment and was satisfied. Maybe I'll get to do it again when we go to WalMart.
For being engaged only a month The Guy and I have accomplished amazing things. All the invitations are done and out :) I made them myself. They are BEAUTIFUL if I do say so. I have a dress, and a reception location, and a lovely GANT chart to keep track of my ToDo list.
aside from the plans... Things have been good and bad. I didn't realize how a wedding could bring out hidden aspects of people. Some rise to the occasion, others start hurtful rumors. One thing I'm learning is that my decision can't be based on what the temperature of the crowd is, otherwise I'd NEVER get married.
I had the BEST day Sunday. The Guy and I registered at Target for Chinese plates :) If you want to make me REALLY happy you'll buy these for us. See, when you go to register at a store, they give you a scanner at the customer service desk. You walk around the store with the scanner and zap what you want and it puts it into a computer. To my irate aggravation The Guy always takes the scanney thinger from me and then won't let me touch it. Unfortunately technology is associated with testosterone and manliness so I'm relegated to pointing to what I want while HE zaps it. I get my revenge, though, by choosing pretty, shiny, decorative, and generally feminine things. Its works out.
On Sunday, however, he actually let ME touch it! Oh I was in ecstasy! It was the most exciting moment of my life. I literally had chills. I had dreamed about it for so long and all at once I finally had the chance! My fingers trembled as I lifted it and aimed the laser at a bonsai tree. It beeped, and my heart skipped a beat. The Guy nearly died with laughter but I had my moment and was satisfied. Maybe I'll get to do it again when we go to WalMart.
Chicklette 11:58 PM
