The Foot

The adventures of a migrant science teacher: "Life is not about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself."

Monday, June 21, 2004

This saturday Tim and I are going up to Camp Judah to be councilors at Junior camp!! I am sooo siked! Can you imagine? Me and my Guy out in the woods for a week with ozens of unsuspecting chidren? Hahahahaha... Tim wants to be with the 11 and 12 year olds so he can see my brother and his nephew. I say that he should be with a younger group because he IS 12 himself and shouldn't be babysitting his own age group. Last week I came home to find him shaving his head super close-marine-style and he said "Look at what happens when you leave me alone for too long." I have to put sun screen on him myself or he won't wear it at all. Poor thing had the worst sunburn I've ever seen last week. I can't say that it gies my life mening to take care of him, but I do enjoy it :) He needs me. In fact, I don't know what he did before me. Sometimes it's difficult to communicate love to someone - doing things for them seems to work quite well. I've been thinking about this verse in Ephesians (3:1 I think) about dwelling in unity and another verse about giving preference to (significant) others. I've been trying to apply that to everything from arguments to cooking, and while it may seems nuts at first to give in like that, it works. The Guy and I have had the best few weeks ever.

....and next week will be even better! I've been chattering all about camp and the stories and the schedules and the people. We are just going to have the best time. I love the smells and the music and just everything and I know he will too.
Chicklette 8:39 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment


Listed on BlogShares