The Foot

The adventures of a migrant science teacher: "Life is not about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself."

Monday, October 11, 2004

My first semester at University Park is halfway over. I've never been away from my family this long. I miss them very much. I'm so glad I am here with my Guy though. I dunno what I'd do without him. So far I haven't really liked it here much. My classes are boreing and redundant, people look down as they walk and never say hello, and I've found that you have less friends if you live off campus. EDTHP 497H is one class I love - we go to a local elementary school and do one-to-one reading tutoring. I love working with kids and this gives me the chance to really make a difference in their academic career. Oh! This bright eyed little 2 year old girl came running over to me tonight at the dinner I was volunteering at and went "Do you remember me Miss Courtney?" TWO years old! She talked my head off and then decided to sit on my lap! She thought I was one of her babysitters :) Ohhhh she was cute enough to eat. I want babies :)
Back to friends - I've gotten quite close to Sgt M's girl friend. Sgt M is my Guy's long time buddy and is now in Iraq. His sweetheart is here as school with us and without her I think I'd implode. We watched the presidential debate together - wow is she a trip! I think she even yelled at me once, and we are on the same side! We do crafty stuff and scrapbooking. I am becoming quite the artist. I should put some of my work online. Someone may want it :)
Chicklette 9:39 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment


Listed on BlogShares