Wednesday, March 23, 2005
Aah! Its March. Specifically the end of March. That means that there are exactly 5 full weeks of classes until finals. (I only have 2 by the way). Only 6 weeks untill the official start of summer. Ahh, summer... those days filled with sunshine and temperatures above 40. My guy and I went to Florida over spring break for our one year aniversary (One whole year!) and gota taste of what above freezing is like: I tell you in 5 years you will find me living on a beach in Fijii. Itis grey and rainy out right now. That's ok though, I have a test, its less of a distraction.
Yesterday my guy was notified that he was accepted into the doctoral program here at good Ol' State! YAY. I am soooooooo proud. Soon it will be Dr. and Mrs. Guy. Then it will be Drs. Guy and Guy... I wonder if that's right. Either way, I will be a Dr. too. My mom says Ph. D's skipa generation and so far its proving true. A good portion of the cousins have one and we are well on our way. I can't wait till I can wear a suit all the time and be called "Dr." - Or at least have people's first instinct be to call me Ma'am. Yesterday at work someone came in, I asked a question, and they replied "Yes Ma'am- er - Miss." ::sigh:: drat this young face of mine! Other people look old, why not me?? I'd like a chance to work my butt off for some respect but I don't seem to be anywhere near a chance like that. One day I will be glad I look perpetually 15. ::repeats to self over and over::
We are going home for easter! My sister is "Sin" and my brother is "Worldliness" in the play. ::sniff:: I am so proud. We are bringing blocks of dry ice for a sinister, misty effect. Should be very cool. They are all growing up so quickly. People in our church are getting finantial breakthroughs, and a friend of mine has been offered the job as youth pastor at a local church. So where am I? I'd like a breakthrough. Something to the effect of a perfect job and corresponding master's program I can start immediately after graduation. I'll tell you when it happens...
Yesterday my guy was notified that he was accepted into the doctoral program here at good Ol' State! YAY. I am soooooooo proud. Soon it will be Dr. and Mrs. Guy. Then it will be Drs. Guy and Guy... I wonder if that's right. Either way, I will be a Dr. too. My mom says Ph. D's skipa generation and so far its proving true. A good portion of the cousins have one and we are well on our way. I can't wait till I can wear a suit all the time and be called "Dr." - Or at least have people's first instinct be to call me Ma'am. Yesterday at work someone came in, I asked a question, and they replied "Yes Ma'am- er - Miss." ::sigh:: drat this young face of mine! Other people look old, why not me?? I'd like a chance to work my butt off for some respect but I don't seem to be anywhere near a chance like that. One day I will be glad I look perpetually 15. ::repeats to self over and over::
We are going home for easter! My sister is "Sin" and my brother is "Worldliness" in the play. ::sniff:: I am so proud. We are bringing blocks of dry ice for a sinister, misty effect. Should be very cool. They are all growing up so quickly. People in our church are getting finantial breakthroughs, and a friend of mine has been offered the job as youth pastor at a local church. So where am I? I'd like a breakthrough. Something to the effect of a perfect job and corresponding master's program I can start immediately after graduation. I'll tell you when it happens...
Chicklette 12:01 PM
