The Foot

The adventures of a migrant science teacher: "Life is not about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself."

Monday, April 25, 2005

Nerd

I just realized that I have no pictures of myself on my website, unlike Best Friend who posts a pic of herself every two days :-P....

ok, Ok . So I never realized exactly how much of a nerd I am until yesterday morning. The story goes like this: I am researching climate change in Brazil - great country - and I find this random spot of desert on the edge of the rainforest. Weird, hu? So my life's quest becomes to find out why it is the way it is. I research online, talk to Meteo people and my Geography/Geology proff and it turns out, (get this), that it is caused due to a combination of poor rainfall distribution and sandy soil!! How cool is that?!? I knew it couldn't be because of the rain alone, because the rainforest gets the same kind of rain once a year. The difference is that once it rains the soil can't hold on to the moisture so it filters right through, creating giant underground water caves that tourists go scuba-diving through!! I literally walked around all morning smiling for the sheer joy of discovering this fact. I could almost feel my brain being set free! This is what life is all about....
Chicklette 5:24 PM

2 Comments:

that best friend refrence meant me i hope, but i do not! i only have the one thats always there and the new one of my hair cut cause everyone demanded to see! you make me seem so vain.... hmph. ;)
but yes. you do need a photo of yourself.
haha you aren't vain. You just take alot of pictures.

Add a comment


Listed on BlogShares