Saturday, May 14, 2005
My First day :)
Today is my VERY FIRST day at work this summer! I am filled with trepidation and anticipation. It is also graduation weekend at Penn State so things will be really busy. Oh well, better to dive in and be baptized by fire than to wade through a slow sludge.
This morning they cleaned out a residence hall and sold the wood for scrap. The event started at 8. We came at approximately 7:01 am. We figured we'd been screwed over at both the book fair and at the trash to treasure sale that it was worth it to go hard core on this one. Now, it wasn't me specifically who felt this burning desire to get oak doors, but I really didn't want to get beat out again. So at 7am, eyes burning, hair in medusa like segments, I walked around Warnock commons looking for a way in. At 7:20 we saw three people park and run around the other side of the block so we followed them. Turns out the entry door was way down the street. I was worried for a moment, but we were still only the third couple in line. By the time the doors opened at 8am the line of crafty men and their irritated wives stretched down the block. We were able to nab two book cases and two oak doors. One of which will be made into a desk for my sweet little sister. People were in there looking for the door off of their dorm room... how sweet. Several times I was left to stand by a pile and guard it while my Guy finished something. I tell you - I beat off so many drooling men! And they weren't even interested in me!!
Afterwards we went yard sailing where I picked up a dying frame for my sister and I to revive. It will be really cool with some paint and something interesting to go inside it. Its pretty big. I also got the Crayola Art Studio for 25 cents!! Man am I going to have fun later!
This morning they cleaned out a residence hall and sold the wood for scrap. The event started at 8. We came at approximately 7:01 am. We figured we'd been screwed over at both the book fair and at the trash to treasure sale that it was worth it to go hard core on this one. Now, it wasn't me specifically who felt this burning desire to get oak doors, but I really didn't want to get beat out again. So at 7am, eyes burning, hair in medusa like segments, I walked around Warnock commons looking for a way in. At 7:20 we saw three people park and run around the other side of the block so we followed them. Turns out the entry door was way down the street. I was worried for a moment, but we were still only the third couple in line. By the time the doors opened at 8am the line of crafty men and their irritated wives stretched down the block. We were able to nab two book cases and two oak doors. One of which will be made into a desk for my sweet little sister. People were in there looking for the door off of their dorm room... how sweet. Several times I was left to stand by a pile and guard it while my Guy finished something. I tell you - I beat off so many drooling men! And they weren't even interested in me!!
Afterwards we went yard sailing where I picked up a dying frame for my sister and I to revive. It will be really cool with some paint and something interesting to go inside it. Its pretty big. I also got the Crayola Art Studio for 25 cents!! Man am I going to have fun later!
Chicklette 12:46 PM
