Sunday, May 29, 2005
This week...
It has been a week, what can I say? I've been busy. I worked and sewed and sewed and now I have a beautiful pink skirt!! Yes, I did it all by my self. And my guy got a raise! This week has been good...
Saturday morning at around 4:30 am we found ourselves at Bever Stadium, 7th in line for the biggest rummage sale of the year - no the biggest sale in the universe!! Over a mile long and 70 tons of stuff donated by evaccuating students! The procedes went to United Way. By the time the gate opened over 10,000 people were in line to enter. At 7:30 they opened the gate and we RAN!! I mean I was almost trampled! But it wasn't like looting, people ran to where they wanted to go and stopped, then no one ran again. I got a beautiful scalloped back, claw arm chair for the bedroom. My Guy got a computer for $10. By 9am the place was stripped of all interesting items. Including the lumber in the back and alot of little desks taken by Amish people. You should all come next year.
Saturday morning at around 4:30 am we found ourselves at Bever Stadium, 7th in line for the biggest rummage sale of the year - no the biggest sale in the universe!! Over a mile long and 70 tons of stuff donated by evaccuating students! The procedes went to United Way. By the time the gate opened over 10,000 people were in line to enter. At 7:30 they opened the gate and we RAN!! I mean I was almost trampled! But it wasn't like looting, people ran to where they wanted to go and stopped, then no one ran again. I got a beautiful scalloped back, claw arm chair for the bedroom. My Guy got a computer for $10. By 9am the place was stripped of all interesting items. Including the lumber in the back and alot of little desks taken by Amish people. You should all come next year.
Chicklette 10:39 PM
