Saturday, June 18, 2005
Current Events
I am not going to apologize for not writing because it annoys me when people do and I don't exactly think I am disappointing a large following...
This past weekend we went "home" to say good bye to my little sister. She left Monday for Brazil. How amazing is that? Yet another world traveler in the family. She and my Ali and I went to Wal-Mart to get her the last things she needed and then we went to Starbucks - Courtesy of Miss Dianne - and sipped iced drinks while chatting about going on mission trips. Mom says that we infused excitement into her and helped her be more confident. I hope so, I love her so much and KNOW that she is going to have a life changing time. It was so good to see my Ali too. I don't know if she realizes how much I miss her. My Guy is no replacement for my Girl.
At work exciting things are happening :) I passed the server training level 1 test and spent last night shadowing another server. Tonight I split a section with another server trainee. Then, in the words of a very pregnant lady, I'm live bait. The first ever dish I brought out from the kitchen got me yelled at. The woman who ordered it barely touched it, kinda shoved it out of the way, and said "The fish is burnt and the potatoes are cold." Then she slammed her hand down on the table and said "I'm getting the salad bar, I'm tired of waiting." Well, the manager took the temp of both and they were over 200 degrees. The time from putting the check in to delivery was 16 minutes. Grrrrr... Pray? I'm scared...
This past weekend we went "home" to say good bye to my little sister. She left Monday for Brazil. How amazing is that? Yet another world traveler in the family. She and my Ali and I went to Wal-Mart to get her the last things she needed and then we went to Starbucks - Courtesy of Miss Dianne - and sipped iced drinks while chatting about going on mission trips. Mom says that we infused excitement into her and helped her be more confident. I hope so, I love her so much and KNOW that she is going to have a life changing time. It was so good to see my Ali too. I don't know if she realizes how much I miss her. My Guy is no replacement for my Girl.
At work exciting things are happening :) I passed the server training level 1 test and spent last night shadowing another server. Tonight I split a section with another server trainee. Then, in the words of a very pregnant lady, I'm live bait. The first ever dish I brought out from the kitchen got me yelled at. The woman who ordered it barely touched it, kinda shoved it out of the way, and said "The fish is burnt and the potatoes are cold." Then she slammed her hand down on the table and said "I'm getting the salad bar, I'm tired of waiting." Well, the manager took the temp of both and they were over 200 degrees. The time from putting the check in to delivery was 16 minutes. Grrrrr... Pray? I'm scared...
Chicklette 12:25 PM
