The Foot

The adventures of a migrant science teacher: "Life is not about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself."

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

CAMMMMMPPPP!!! Again...

Woah,

I think I've had enough time to process everything. Camp was so awesome this year. I didn't end up getting to do my extreme hiking skill class, but I did get to do some things that were even more awesome. My cabin was amazing. They all turned out to be awesome girls. One night Lauren asked what the the woman behind her was doing: she was saying "Shanana Ka-BOOM!" Hahaha I got to tell everyone about the filling of the Holy Spirit and speaking in tongues. Right there my whole group prayed and got "the rest of the candy bars in the package." I've never experienced anything that close to God outside the chapel tent. To me it meant much more though. Coming into the whole camp thing I'd really been fighting with God over weather I was qualified or not to do anything for Him. After a year in a secular school I was a bit burnt out. Survival mode describes it: I was just getting by day by day. The night before I was to speak I broke down and quit trying to do things by myself. I felt so unworthy and unready - then just as I thought I was at my lowest God showed up in the cabin and loved me back to life again. He chose to use me, the lowest of low; the most unfaithful and doubtful; weak and powerless; he used me as a channel for his abundant life. I began to look forward to speaking in the morning, I saw promise in my future again. The next morning I got to stand infront of the munchkins and yell "Good Morning Camp JUDAHH!!!" What a rush. I think it went well - what I do trust is that God took my words and made them real in their hearts. I obviously couldn't have done a thing to make a difference. God is good. He uses the least of us when we are at our worst. Pond scum, if you know what I mean.
Chicklette 9:51 AM

2 Comments:

I miss you! Looking forward to seeing you both at the dog show. It is so awesome to see how God encouraged you at camp! I can't wait for our kids to join you guys at Sr. Camp. Love <3
HI ALEYA !!! I love you !!! MUAH!

Add a comment


Listed on BlogShares