The Foot

The adventures of a migrant science teacher: "Life is not about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself."

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Teacher Says...

The rest of my life has officially begun! Ok, the last time I said that I was about to be married, so let me rephrase that: The rest of my professional life has begun. I feel like I am on the far side of a very thick border. Every time I go to my darling school I take a step and get a bit closer to the other side. I have endured 3.25 years of abstract instruction, immersed myself in science, and it was only when I visited my placement for the first time that I remembered why I wanted to teach to begin with: Those beautiful, hopeful kids. I look at each one and pray for their futures. It's funny - I get so nervous teaching in front of my peers. I have trouble "managing" the class and I forget stuff. Once I stand in front of "real" students I feel 10X better. I want to be "that" teacher that you remember 10 years later. Anyway...
Chicklette 9:52 AM

1 Comments:

From one "fellow teacher" to another - I remember my first class too. But unlike you, I was scared. But once I had a day or two in the saddle, I began to remember why I wanted to teach as well. Must be in the blood. I am proud of you sticking with it, and tackling secondary teaching, along with physics/science major. Impressive in my book! God will be with you I know, and I'm sure He has already chosen some kids for you to influence and encourage. Poor Kenny is always looking for a Christian teacher. Love, Mom

Add a comment


Listed on BlogShares