The Foot

The adventures of a migrant science teacher: "Life is not about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself."

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

2005: A year in review...


What a year...
I looked at my resolutions from last year and I honestly don't think I kept a single one. Well I may have, some were rather vague. But others, like "Paint a really big picture" were just not done. I'd still like to do that one, just play around with colors and such. Another was sky dive - that I will do this year - for my birthday maybe. Overall it was a year of learning. I lost and regained parts of my self, I learned that God has to apply tension for you to grow. I also learned that I'm not much with out Him. I learned that I have an amazing husband:) Well, I think I knew that already, but it has been more clear. I learned that having a puppy is like having a kid, only you can't take it into stores. I learned that my sister and I have more in common than I thought. I learned that I have a heart for more than just the over-seas kind of missions. And lastly I learned that can, in fact, keep up with all the work I have to do.:)

I think my favorite memory from this year is kidnapping my sister from the cabin next door with my girls at camp. What an amazing night that was:) We all bonded in a way that makes me cherish the memories of that week. That was also the week my darling husband spoke his mind and defended me. That made me feel like a princess.

I've officially been to 3 weddings this year. I know people in 5. It was lonely being at the head of the marriage pack but now that they are all catching on it's nice. People had babies too. Lots of babies. I'm willing to wait on that one... reeaaalllly willing...

My resolutions this year focus more on living on the edge of what God has for us and less on making improvements all by myself. I pray this year that I really learn how to grab ahold of the promises God has for me.
Chicklette 2:26 PM

1 Comments:

Sounds like you are on the edge of something really big! God can take you far grabbing ahold of His promises. I'm proud of you! Mom

Add a comment


Listed on BlogShares