Wednesday, May 17, 2006
Student Teaching
I know I have been a bit elusive this semester. This isn't because I don't enjoy writing, but because each day my very existence was threatened by 110 hormone-high 8th graders. It was all I could do walk out the door each morning wearing matching clothes. Each morning I would rise at the crack of dark (5:15am), down a cup of coffee, and head out the door with my 90lb teacher bag to meet the carpool. After an hour of intense scientific discussion I'd arrive at school. The {clip clop} of my heels would echo down the nearly empty hall way. Children would scatter into the shadows as I passed. Upon reaching my classroom I'd down another cup of coffee and prepare for the onslaught. Then the first wave would come... then another... then another... then another... After a brief reprieve to replenish calories the final wave would hit. They'd try their best to crack me - throwing every devious trick my way... but I always won. At approximately 3:15pm I would head out the door and breathe in the fresh, untainted air. I'd sit in the car and doze for an hour before arriving home and preparing to start all over again...
Chicklette 4:25 PM
