Wednesday, June 21, 2006
As if life here weren't interesting enough...
I mentioned that yesterday there was a terrible storm and that our property was struck somewhere. I theorized that it was the lake - it wasn't. It was a giant oak tree over by the mailboxes. Bark was ejected from it's surface and accross the parking lot about 50 feet. Can you imaging what would have happened if someone were standing by it? ::shudders:: Butter and I went on a walk to go see it.This morning I got home from dropping Tim off at work and saw that the kitchen floor was big-toe deep in water. I proceeded to mop it up and call maintinance about a possible leaky fridge. Nearly two gallons later I noticed that the carpet on the other side of the island was damp as well, so I moved our pressed board entertainment stand and called the office again. To get a better signal I went outside where I saw two small streams of water coming out from under the door jam of our neighbors apartment. Call me paranoid, but I mentioned this to the office as well. Five minutes later the people with the keys showed up to unveil a completely sodden apartment complete with mold. Even the vinyl floor next to the door was peeling up. I guess the guy who lives there has another place and hasn't been in for a while. Just a guess, I've never actually met him. The water in our apartment was coming from his busted water heater. Extraction is going to come later today and suck up the mess.
Chicklette 1:29 PM
