The Foot

The adventures of a migrant science teacher: "Life is not about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself."

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Fort De Soto Beach





Today we (the three of us) went to Fort De Soto Park - the finest dog beach in the area, or so the locals say. We spent an hour or so basking in the sun and fur. Butter is officially a Gulf dog. I tossed in her Frisbee and she leapt after it into the surf, plunging head first toward the bottom where it had sank. I've never seen a dog go diving. As I stood watching Butter swim, the tiniest little dog came up behind me and with longing in her eyes, gazed up at the toy in my hand. She was about 12 inches long and 6 inches high and her name was Kallie. We played catch for about 20 minutes with a Frisbee that was bigger than she was. ::sigh:: Maybe Butter will get a little sister... Anyway, Butter swallowed a bunch of sea water and puked all over everything. Beautiful day, questionable end.
Chicklette 11:21 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment


Listed on BlogShares