The Foot

The adventures of a migrant science teacher: "Life is not about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself."

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Bigger Boom



My life is complete. I have just witnessed the enigma of my child hood enter reality infront of my eyes. I am such a nerd, but I love it! Today I witnessed the 34th flight of the Space Shuttle Discovery, the first flight in over a year, and the first launch ever on the fourth of July. Talk about the ultimate fireworks. The launch sounded like the biggest thunder rubmle ever. I think I teared up when the shuttle came into view. Nothing like sitting on 6 million pounds of thrust being hurtled towards infinite space with nothing to save you but what you brought with. It's adventure, exploration, achievement, pride, danger and victory all rolled into one.
Chicklette 10:09 PM

1 Comments:

That is the most awesomely awesome photo!!!! I love it!!! So glad you guys got to go and see it. I can live vicariously through you until I do. Love, Mom

Add a comment


Listed on BlogShares