Friday, July 28, 2006
Confetti and credit unions.

( Mr. McDougal and I wearing our matching Stewart Middle Magnet T Shirts. He worked at MOSI in Astronomy. He knows everything. )
Today started off nicely. I went to the Ice Palace for the SDHC kick off bash. 19,000 ish teachers all in the same place.
Our school had matching Tshirts. I felt good. The motivational speaker made a good point about teachers teaching students who live in a world they won't even try to venture into: technology. With things getting smaller and more ingrained into our culture it's going to be extremely hard to manage schools without adapting, and soon. Then confetti came from the ceiling and a woman gave a teary story about a credit union. I feel motivated.
(Half of the faculty - the other half wasn't smiling)
Then we boarded the busses and went back to school where I went to lunch for a long time and followed people around who I really didn't want to. I just wanted to go work on my room but no one would let me. Then I heard a doomsday story about how my career might end suddenly in March (?) and I cracked. I was so stressed. I was this close to crying. Then my team leader came and made me feel better again. My biggest concern getting into this was that I would end up with crappy co-workers but that obviously isn't the case. I feel very supported. It's good.
