Monday, July 31, 2006
The moment of truth
This is it. The night before. I have been waiting for this night for four years. Over the past days I have felt excited, scared, faint, nervous and sick - mostly sick. Why? Because my life as a performer begins once again. There is no other way to describe it. From here on out I will rise early, put on my makeup, gather my props, and head off to the stage.
Tomorrow night is open house.
I have been to countless looooooong meetings over the past few days that have eaten up my time completely. I know other people may be ok with them, but don't they understand?? I HAVE NOTHING! It takes time to put my stuff together. So tomorrow I will be there insanely early and spend my time stapling hand outs. Just pray I get a LCD projector. Right now I need to go to bed before the buzz wears off. The next time I blog I will be officially be known as "Mrs. Van Doren, my (son/daughter)'s science research teacher."
Tomorrow night is open house.
I have been to countless looooooong meetings over the past few days that have eaten up my time completely. I know other people may be ok with them, but don't they understand?? I HAVE NOTHING! It takes time to put my stuff together. So tomorrow I will be there insanely early and spend my time stapling hand outs. Just pray I get a LCD projector. Right now I need to go to bed before the buzz wears off. The next time I blog I will be officially be known as "Mrs. Van Doren, my (son/daughter)'s science research teacher."
Chicklette 10:38 PM
2 Comments:
I hope it went alright....I totally understand your nerves. (This year will be my second, and I swear my mantra all last year was--"It HAS to be easier next year" and I'm really thinking that's true, although I have awhile before I go back.)
Let us know!
Let us know!
I'm sure you did great!!!
And remember, it's always okay to talk to yourself in the car on the way home. Just imagine that Chris and I are there!
I hate moving.
And remember, it's always okay to talk to yourself in the car on the way home. Just imagine that Chris and I are there!
I hate moving.

