Thursday, July 27, 2006
What have I done?!?
This week has been INSANE. I've started work and it is overwhelming. Today I was there from 8am to 6pm, and tomorrow I anticipate the same. Aug 1st I'll be there from 7:15am till 8pm. My room is a mess, I have to forage for all my supplies, I need to laminate EVERYTHING, make posters and signs AND start writing lessons again.
Yesterday I drove to Orlando to see my Ali and her Eric. It was sooooo good to see them! We went to City Walk and had the best most expensive dinner ever. I'll never forget it. She may be moving south soon which will make my life and give me something to distract me on the weekends. So many big changes. I am trying very hard to be on top of things, and not be afraid of the beginning of school. I am very tired too. My poor little dog has been relegated to hermit-hood now that work takes me out of the house during the day.
One good thing, I've made a "friend" at work - she is on career #2 and is posted in the 6th grade building. I don't think we could be any farther away. She helped me jump my car today. It will be nice to have another novice to bounce things off of.
Right now I need tums and a sleeping pill. Tomorrow all 60 of us teachers go to the Ice palace wearing matching shirts to hear a motivational speaker. I'm bringing coffee and Milano's.
Yesterday I drove to Orlando to see my Ali and her Eric. It was sooooo good to see them! We went to City Walk and had the best most expensive dinner ever. I'll never forget it. She may be moving south soon which will make my life and give me something to distract me on the weekends. So many big changes. I am trying very hard to be on top of things, and not be afraid of the beginning of school. I am very tired too. My poor little dog has been relegated to hermit-hood now that work takes me out of the house during the day.
One good thing, I've made a "friend" at work - she is on career #2 and is posted in the 6th grade building. I don't think we could be any farther away. She helped me jump my car today. It will be nice to have another novice to bounce things off of.
Right now I need tums and a sleeping pill. Tomorrow all 60 of us teachers go to the Ice palace wearing matching shirts to hear a motivational speaker. I'm bringing coffee and Milano's.
Chicklette 11:32 PM
