Wednesday, August 02, 2006
The insurgents strain at the gate...
The open house went very well. I haven't had nearly enough time in my room to work though - they keep sticking me with meeting after meeting where we accomplish nothing OR I get completely confused. For the "Home Room" section of open house I think I bombed. It was 20 minutes of nothingness. There just wasn't much to say and no one had questions. For the rest I was properly prepared with a power point that said exactly what I wanted to say: This class will be fun and challenging, keep up and stay involved. That took 8 minutes.
Today was all meetings of course. Tonight my husband took me out to the Cheese Cake Factory for a celebration dinner with some friends. We had a great time. Right now I am feeling nervous and chatty because TOMORROW it begins!!! Early and a Thursday I know, but hey - this is Florida. Everything down here is weird. I think they do it because the district is so huge it takes time to get all the busses and schedules right. Anyway, I have my suit pressed and I'm clean and ready to go meet my death. My friend had it right when she said that "student teaching really prepared us for failure." I know nothing but the direction up, and there I will go. Pray for me, my day begins at 5, I'll get to school at 6:15 and the kids come at 7:15. I want to survive, but more so I want to make an impact, no matter how small it is.
Comment with your support! Thanks to those who already have :) It helps....
"GRAVITY!!" "gets me dowwwwnnnn..."
Today was all meetings of course. Tonight my husband took me out to the Cheese Cake Factory for a celebration dinner with some friends. We had a great time. Right now I am feeling nervous and chatty because TOMORROW it begins!!! Early and a Thursday I know, but hey - this is Florida. Everything down here is weird. I think they do it because the district is so huge it takes time to get all the busses and schedules right. Anyway, I have my suit pressed and I'm clean and ready to go meet my death. My friend had it right when she said that "student teaching really prepared us for failure." I know nothing but the direction up, and there I will go. Pray for me, my day begins at 5, I'll get to school at 6:15 and the kids come at 7:15. I want to survive, but more so I want to make an impact, no matter how small it is.
Comment with your support! Thanks to those who already have :) It helps....
"GRAVITY!!" "gets me dowwwwnnnn..."
Chicklette 10:23 PM
