Thursday, August 03, 2006
It's OVER!!!
Oh my gosh!
My first day of teaching - ever - is over! Between the messed up bus schedules and the slow 6th graders I never saw 7th period, but it's OVER. I have an interesting group of kids. 6th period may turn out to be a challenge. I was sterner with them than I had been all day. 5th period is a 7th/8th grade mix so I have some TINY little kids mixed in. What sweet hearts.
I need to do a word wall.
I need pain killers.
I need to never wear shoes again.
I really only felt weird this morning. By 4th period I felt like I had sliped into an old pair of jeans again. Things began to come without me thinking about them. I'm under alot of perssure to be an iron fist from my team, but someone told me today to cooperate, but don't let it change my personality. How true. I want to be the smily, hard core, science nerd that I am. I don't want to be hitler. Any way, it was a good day, and now all I want to do is go home and sleep.
My first day of teaching - ever - is over! Between the messed up bus schedules and the slow 6th graders I never saw 7th period, but it's OVER. I have an interesting group of kids. 6th period may turn out to be a challenge. I was sterner with them than I had been all day. 5th period is a 7th/8th grade mix so I have some TINY little kids mixed in. What sweet hearts.
I need to do a word wall.
I need pain killers.
I need to never wear shoes again.
I really only felt weird this morning. By 4th period I felt like I had sliped into an old pair of jeans again. Things began to come without me thinking about them. I'm under alot of perssure to be an iron fist from my team, but someone told me today to cooperate, but don't let it change my personality. How true. I want to be the smily, hard core, science nerd that I am. I don't want to be hitler. Any way, it was a good day, and now all I want to do is go home and sleep.
Chicklette 2:45 PM
1 Comments:
I teach math....and sincerely the kids appreciated the fact that I was young but still a "math nerd." Give it a couple weeks then really play up the nerd part. ;) My kids were asking for my nerdy ways to remember things, etc by the end of the year and some even said they wished they could be a little nerdier! I took it as a great complement. I think the kids benifit from knowing that liking something in school is good--being a nerd about something is GOOD. I encouraged them to be as nerdy as possible. I'm sure you are exhausted. It will get easier when you know your kids better and you figure out what shoes are "work shoes."
Hope you enjoy your weekend!!
-KH
Hope you enjoy your weekend!!
-KH

