Sunday, August 06, 2006
Sunset on the beach

After a long week and a working weekend my husband and I decided to take the evening and a bottle of my birthday wine (Thanks Ruth), go to the beach and watch the sun set. We took off about 7:40 and found a beach and set off walking to find a cozy patch of sand. It was low tide and husband went looking for crabs or oysters or whatever boys look for in gross places. I decided to follow and promptly sliped on a slimy rock. This is where the fun begins.
I got up and found that the barnicle encrusted rock I sliped on sliced my left big toe open. On first glance it was superficial. Then I saw the pool of bright red blood forming in my flip flop. Hero Hubby came running over to help while I said "Oh Dear" over and over. Then I said "I'm feeling light headed" and fell into a warm dream where I think I was at a beach with some close friends... In reality I fainted and fell headlong and to the side onto the ground and twitched. My hero woke me up where I told him about my dream, then passed out again. He woke me up again, bandaged my toe with a sheet we had to sit on, then carried me back to the car.
I just spent the last half hour picking sand out of a gash in my big toe. Now I am sitting mildly comfortably and bandaged on the couch while Hero gets my things for tomorrow. I think I scared him by fainting. I feel so silly. He really is my hero though. He caught me before I smacked my head off the rocks, and when I woke up he had a loving concerned look on his face. He held a flashlight while I picked stuff out of the cut, and went to the store to get Bactine and bandages. He is my hero and I love him.
Chicklette 9:29 PM
