The Foot

The adventures of a migrant science teacher: "Life is not about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself."

Thursday, August 24, 2006

A thursday post:

I know you're having a rough time with your classes, and I've been so caught up with our new family member(s) (we got four more fish, besides the dog!!!), that I haven't had time to really send along a pep talk. But I just remembered a joke that I think you could use today:

Two old men are sitting in rocking chairs on the porch of their nursing home. After a long silence, one of them stands up and yells, "T-G-I-F!!! T-G-I-F!!!" spelling the letters out. After he sits back down, the second man asks, "What was that all about?" The first man replies, "Thank Goodness It's Friday!" They sit in silence for a few more minutes before the second man stands up and yels, "S-H-I-T!!!! S-H-I-T!!!!" spelling the letters out. The first man looks at him in shock. "What was that for?" The second man replies, "So Happens It's Thursday!"

Sometimes, we think we've reached our goal of Friday, only to realize we still have to work the last 20% of our week...

Oh Ruth! Thank you!

You have perfect timing. I have been so busy that I didn't even know you got a dog. Addicting aren't they? I am still taking pictures of little Butter. She likes all the dog parks down here. Today and yesterday I consider a "win" day for me, the teacher. One "player" student of mine haphazardly asked what the paper towels are made of to make them so strong. So I handed him my cell and said ask. Simultaineously I became his motivator and he became the coolest kid in class. I win. Today we watched the Mythbusters blow stuff up. I win again. Even my ADHD kids were captivated. On the home front, my husband hates his job so much that he is finally going to plunge head on into starting his own business. He has been so much happier. This weekend I am going to Purdue's Mission to Mars training, then on Sunday I am going to see the Shuttle Atlantis launch. Then monday, with no break, I start again. Did I mention I got sick today? I need all the little pep talks I can get. You can email or call me any time!
Chicklette 9:26 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment


Listed on BlogShares