The Foot

The adventures of a migrant science teacher: "Life is not about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself."

Friday, August 11, 2006

The weekend had begun

I am sitting here enjoying the beginning of my weekend by watching the two new Stargate SG1/Atlantis episodes. There was a commertial for some kind of contest where the winner gets a walk on role in the shows. Thinking of my husband I decided to investigate. In the process I've discovered more fan sites and message boards than I care to mention. So much so that I wonder what these people actually do for a living. I love the show, don't get me wrong, but I have not memorized any lines and I do not refer to the charactors as real people and I do not make inferences about their thoughts personal lives. They are actors that go home after shooting and check their email, just like me. The climax of fan frenzy came when I found the photo galleries that each site invariably has. After all, what is a TV shrine without snap shots? They take it a bit farther by adding captions like "The team we love" and "Only the best will do" and "Vala is our queen, we are her concubines." I did not enter the walk on sweapstakes. Someone out there needs it much more than I do.
Chicklette 11:17 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment


Listed on BlogShares