Friday, September 01, 2006
Family
They are here!!
My little brother and sister flew in from PA on Wednesday. I took Friday (today) off to spend quality time and a good long weekend with them. I was nervous about leaving my classroom to a sub for the first time. I guess I will see how things went on tuesday. I left my plans on the demo table along with the hand outs labled with post-its. I also left a note and map for the fire drill that was scheduled for first period. I have a document in my sub folder titled "A Day in Mrs Van Doren's Class" which covers all my duties and procedures. I locked up my grades and attendance books with the gummy bears and BTB. I just hope nothing is broken when I get back.
Today we went to MOSI today and saw the BODIES exibit, Disasterville, and the IMAX version of Superman Returns. Did I say how cool it was? It was. I learned all about natural disasters, saw an entire human's worth of veins, a human sliced up in layers, learned about the universe and magnetism... My mind is full and I am happy. The IMAX was in a dome, the only one in FL. Very intense. The flying scenes made me dizzy and I could feel the bass in my chest. Tomorrow we may hit Busch Gardens or some other exciting attraction. It just feels good to have them here.
My little brother and sister flew in from PA on Wednesday. I took Friday (today) off to spend quality time and a good long weekend with them. I was nervous about leaving my classroom to a sub for the first time. I guess I will see how things went on tuesday. I left my plans on the demo table along with the hand outs labled with post-its. I also left a note and map for the fire drill that was scheduled for first period. I have a document in my sub folder titled "A Day in Mrs Van Doren's Class" which covers all my duties and procedures. I locked up my grades and attendance books with the gummy bears and BTB. I just hope nothing is broken when I get back.
Today we went to MOSI today and saw the BODIES exibit, Disasterville, and the IMAX version of Superman Returns. Did I say how cool it was? It was. I learned all about natural disasters, saw an entire human's worth of veins, a human sliced up in layers, learned about the universe and magnetism... My mind is full and I am happy. The IMAX was in a dome, the only one in FL. Very intense. The flying scenes made me dizzy and I could feel the bass in my chest. Tomorrow we may hit Busch Gardens or some other exciting attraction. It just feels good to have them here.
Chicklette 11:49 PM
1 Comments:
I'm really glad you are all having such a good time. And for you - I'm glad you got some extra time off and a break with your siblings and your honey. Love, Mom
p.s. see my other comments!
p.s. see my other comments!

