The Foot

The adventures of a migrant science teacher: "Life is not about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself."

Thursday, October 12, 2006

My first real business trip...

It's taking alot for me to get used to being a "real person." I'm so used to doing things for training or prectice or for myself that thinking of myself as a teacher is blowing my mind. I am in Gainsville (Gaterville - ew) right now at my first official business trip. The FAST conference goes from Thursday through Satruday and is filled with fun workshops like "KABOOM! Safe explosives demonstrations." I forgot a note pad.

It also feels good to be on a college campus. Even if it's UF (or FU?). I swear there is something in the air. People my age lying on the grass with back packs... ahhh memories. I want to go back to college eventually. For someone like me that would be a reprieve, a break, a rejuvinating experience. For now though I will enjoy my paid vaccation and get as much free stuff as possible :)
Chicklette 8:48 PM

2 Comments:

Everytime I get on a college campus, I feel so at home. I went with Granddad to U of W @ Eau Claire, and that really was "home" to me. You should see his picture in the hallway as the first dean! I could easily get sucked into classes again - I keep thinking about it anyway. Hope your trip was fun and gives you some great new ideas. Love, Mom
I can tell you are really busy!!!! Evidently no time to blog. So great to hear answered prayer about your car, and I am praying for your new home situation.
Love Mom

Add a comment


Listed on BlogShares