The Foot

The adventures of a migrant science teacher: "Life is not about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself."

Sunday, December 31, 2006

2006: A year in review

When someone asks me to complete the sentence: "Life is..." my usual response is "Interesting." This year has been by far the most intereting ever. I successfully completed student teaching, graduated, moved to another state, got a good job, opened a business with my husband, and survived half of my first year of teaching. I think I'm satisfied with my accomplishments, despite my utter failure to complete the majority of my resolutions. This year I have been hearing alot about writing and actually keeping those new year's resolutions. Themost insiteful advise I've heard is to treat them like goals instead of wishes. When you set a goal you outline steps and milestones untill you achieve what you want. With that in mind, here are my resolutions for this year:

Aleya's resolution list -
Posted online for all the world to see...
I hearby resolve this New Year of 2007 to:
1. Sky Dive
2. Climb a rock
3. Travel out of the country
4. Camp in the rain
5. Get my things from PA
6. Write and get a grant
7. Start swimming again
8. Pray daily for my classes
9. To write a book
10. Find 10 new ways to love my husband
11. Volunteer at the aquarium
12. Organize two service field trips for school
13. Never slacken in my struggle with my corruption, however unsuccessful I may be.
14. Get a house
Chicklette 6:58 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment


Listed on BlogShares