The Foot

The adventures of a migrant science teacher: "Life is not about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself."

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Camp



I ran away from Florida for a while. I needed a vacation from my vacation. I went back to PA (drove for 16 hours) to help my folks paint the house in preparation for their move. It just so happened that Jr. Camp Judah started 2 days after I arrived. My mom, being the motivated woman that she is, called and asked if they needed another counselor. They did. I was given cabin 10 - one that I was a camper in twice- and five 10 year old girls (and one awesome CIT.)


The week was so hot (unseasonably) that kids were dropping like flies. The camp motto became "If it isn't clear, you aren't drinking enough!" My brother and sister were both CIT's for the week. Our cabins were also put on the same team. To quote my sister - "That was just way too much awesomeness in one place." We kicked booty. My cabin took first place for cabin inspection every day but 1 - when my sister got first. As a team, we organized and came up with chants, hand shakes, intimidating entrances, costumes, a flag and a mascot - the Killer Bunny.


Our skits for morning muster were side splitting. My brother in particular has a gift for that kind of thing. His whole cabin fell victim to "FTD" or "Female Transformation Disease" contracted by cleaning the girls bathroom. They decorated in pink things donated by my girls.



I got to work the rock wall with two awesome science teachers - physics and chemistry. It was the best week ever, not to mention the awesome presence of God we encountered twice a day at chapel. I love camp. It's my favorite place in the whole world.
Quote from Aaron-^
Little Girl: "I'm from Pennsylvania." Aaron: "And you speak English?!?!"

Labels: , , , , ,

Chicklette 12:54 PM

2 Comments:

That last quote was too funny :)
Hi Gail!

Add a comment


Listed on BlogShares