The Foot

The adventures of a migrant science teacher: "Life is not about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself."

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The Next New Adventure

Drum roll please............

Ladies and gentlemen, I am moving to Pennsylvania!

My husband is now the new Director of Information Technologies at Valley Forge Christian College. He deserves it. We've prayed for direction and this seems to be it. Yesterday I resigned from TCMS, and today I finished the phone calls to friends. Now my future seems to hold lots of cardboard boxes.

How do I feel about this? My stomach has been in knots for the last two days. I can't seem to get rid of the nervous feeling. I just gave up the perfect job - one where I had funds, and could paint the walls, one 4 miles from my house. Now I get to start over.
My little sister put it into perspective for me. When we told them she screamed and jumped around with the phone, talking about all the stuff we can do. I know the right place for us right now is in PA.
Speaking of family - my sister and I are going to become granola rock climbers, something Flat Florida would not allow. We are going to hike into the woods and become one with the rock culture. I'm siked.
My brother has announced that one morning we are going to wake up and find him sitting on our couch eating our food and watching our TV. My husband countered with the threat of a stealth paintball ambush from a mile away.



God will provide a job for me, at camp I took my girls down a ravine that had flooded a few years ago. Half a mile and more down the canyon you can find chunks of concrete bridge that had been swept away by the water. My question was, if God can make water that can move these massive pieces of rock, what in our lives can be too hard for him?

Labels: , , , ,

Chicklette 9:34 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment


Listed on BlogShares