The Foot

The adventures of a migrant science teacher: "Life is not about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself."

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Summer...

After school ended this year I remembered how fast I get bored. Even in college I was like this: The semester ends, I take a few days break, and then I'm poking my own eye balls out wishing the fall would come sooner. To remedy this I immediately signed up for 6 professional development workshops. Some were useful, some were useless, some were fun or a combination of the three. My favorite ones let me be outside. I now have my Wetland component of the Florida Master Naturalist certification. I finally feel like I have a handle on Florida ecology/geology/weather. Another awesome workshop came from a little Asian man - reminiscent of the professors and students at Penn State. He had a thick accent, however he taught me in 5 days what my PSU professors tried to do (and mostly failed) in 2 years. That was the most useful workshop I've ever taken. Not to mention we teachers got to play with all kinds of gooey experiments. That always makes it fun.

Labels: , , ,

Chicklette 12:31 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment


Listed on BlogShares