The Foot

The adventures of a migrant science teacher: "Life is not about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself."

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Job Hunting

I had my first interview today. Someone FINALLY called. I know it hasn't been that long. I've been actively looking for about a week, and most schools here are just now doing the scramble to hire. The school I went to today would be great to work at - if it weren't in the center of Philly. It took me an hour and a half to get there from VFCC. Yes, I got lost. It took me two hours to get home (hotel). Yes, again I got lost. Despite all the detours, even on a perfect day with no traffic and a good tail wind it would take me 50+ minutes through speeding single lane construction-ridden highways. Tolls would run me $80 a month. Besides, I had this pastoral image in my mind of my new school. I don't think I could shift so drastically back to the hood, even though that's where I just came from.
Chicklette 12:11 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment


Listed on BlogShares