Tuesday, September 25, 2007
Assessing the Notebook
The notebook.
The one I have given maticulus instructions for. Also, the same notebook that more students than I care to mention messed. Really, it wasn't that bad. Typical 7th grader stuff - missing notes, sloppy writing, silly or missing answers. It has only been 3 weeks though so we'll see. My greatest victory was going through their notebooks and having them highlight in orange everything that would be on the test. No study guide or missing papers because it was ALL right there. So easy. The test scores are what they would have been with a study guide I'm sure. The average was 20 out of 30. I had 1 perfect score.
On other fronts, I seem to be having a tough time connecting with anyone at this school. I had some good friends and people I enjoyed talking to at my last place, here I don't seem to connect with anyone. It's kind of lonely and discouraging. I miss Florida.
The one I have given maticulus instructions for. Also, the same notebook that more students than I care to mention messed. Really, it wasn't that bad. Typical 7th grader stuff - missing notes, sloppy writing, silly or missing answers. It has only been 3 weeks though so we'll see. My greatest victory was going through their notebooks and having them highlight in orange everything that would be on the test. No study guide or missing papers because it was ALL right there. So easy. The test scores are what they would have been with a study guide I'm sure. The average was 20 out of 30. I had 1 perfect score.
On other fronts, I seem to be having a tough time connecting with anyone at this school. I had some good friends and people I enjoyed talking to at my last place, here I don't seem to connect with anyone. It's kind of lonely and discouraging. I miss Florida.
Chicklette 8:42 PM
