Friday, September 14, 2007
IT"S FRIDAY!!
The second Friday of the year- I made it through another week. I’m happy, but it’s not as big of an accomplishment as it was last year. My every waking moment was spent focused on getting to the weekend with my sanity. This year its more because I want to sleep in. Last year I would stay up later than I should because I needed to feel like I had a life outside of school. Again, that isn’t as big of an issue this year, but it’s still important to do things other than prep and recover from my sweet little 7th graders.
Today I am teaching the Scientific Method. We are going through it step by step with a canned fingerprint activity. I think it is working so far. Next week we learn about observations and variables and inference and designing an experiment. I am still worried about 6th and 7th periods. I have no energy by the time they get in here. 7th period is so behind on their notebooks. We spent most of yesterday getting them caught up. I wanted to give up but I know that would be more work for me later. The other classes are doing such a good job on theirs.
Today I am teaching the Scientific Method. We are going through it step by step with a canned fingerprint activity. I think it is working so far. Next week we learn about observations and variables and inference and designing an experiment. I am still worried about 6th and 7th periods. I have no energy by the time they get in here. 7th period is so behind on their notebooks. We spent most of yesterday getting them caught up. I wanted to give up but I know that would be more work for me later. The other classes are doing such a good job on theirs.
Chicklette 5:53 PM
