The Foot

The adventures of a migrant science teacher: "Life is not about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself."

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Victory at Last

We have a house. I have a job. My guy is no longer working at VFCC.
It all happened so fast. One day I was inviting friends to lunch in my hotel room apartment, the next I am parking in my own garrage. We even got all our stuff from storage. It was like christmas. I unwraped my scrap book stuff, my antique books, my shelves, my teacher sweaters, my dresses - everything. That Thursday I found a job posting on the PA teacher website for a 7th grade position in Allentown, I called Friday and interviewed the same day. Tuesday morning (the first day of school after labor day) at 7:30 am they called and offered me the job. I went in to do paper work and I started teaching wednesday. I just finished my first week. The kids are much sweeter than I am used to. I promised myself I'd be more reflective this year with my teaching. I kept a daily journal during student teaching and it helped me grow. Last year I was too overwhelmed all the time. This year will be different. My guy was part of a school wide cut back due to low enrollment. That job was why we moved again. A few days earlier and we wouldn't have signed the lease, I wouldn't have had a job - We would have moved back to FL. I wish I knew what God had planned for us here.

I'm getting hissing cockroaches.

God is faithful though, we will be taken care of.
Chicklette 12:21 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment


Listed on BlogShares