The Foot

The adventures of a migrant science teacher: "Life is not about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself."

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Act 80

Last week was crazy so I didn’t get to write. It’s amazing how your personal life affects work. The stress from home prevents me from doing a good job here. It only makes sense that when you come in with stomach cramps and a high pulse you won’t be able to focus on the kid in the back who is ripping up a poster with a thumb tack.
One of my students told me he was going to NY for a doctor’s visit. He has had 3 bone marrow transplants.
Monday was a teacher in-service. I wanted to scratch my eye out. The first part because it was useless, mildly insulting, and very boring, the afternoon part because it was 3 HOURS long. There is only so much I can take. I am better at sitting and listening than most teachers though. I liked it in college and I enjoy a good lecture now and again. The people behind me didn’t handle it well – talking, cracking jokes, just being rude in general. THAT gets old too.
This week has been cooler weather wise – my classroom is down to 80 in the afternoon instead of 120. I want to paint my classroom.
I’m done. I’m tired.
Chicklette 2:30 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment


Listed on BlogShares